So, Facebook is sometimes more a pain in my
nether region than it is anything else.
Recently it has come to my attention that out of more than
a hundred subscribers to the Nine Acres Designs feed on Facebook
only about 10 or so were seeing any given post I was posting.
What the heck, Facebook?
Is this your measly way of trying to get us to pay money to "promote" our own posts?
After a bit of research I did find out how you can be sure
to continue to get your favorite page feeds,
like Nine Acres Designs, on Facebook,
thus not missing anything your favorite places are posting!
It is quite simple, actually, if you follow the directions here.
HOW TO SEE ALL THE UPDATES FROM THE FB PAGES YOU LOVE
You need to set up an Interest List on your Facebook page.
An Interest List is a personalized feed that you create
by adding pages (and people if you want) in which you will
see all the updates from that grouping in a specialized feed.
So, if you subscribe to let's say a bunch of blog pages,
you can set up a feed specifically for blogs if you wish.
Here is how to do it.
1. Log in to Facebook and go to your Home page by clicking the Home button in the upper right hand corner.
2. Next, in the left hand column, find Interests. If you don't see Interests, click More at the bottom of the left hand column and it should be revealed under there. Click Add Interests to create a new Interest list. I already have created an Interest List called Pages, as you can see here.
3. Next, Click Create List. A new screen will appear that will show you all of your pages that you have liked and all of your friends you currently have on Facebook (to see or add your friends, click the word Friends on the left hand side of the screen). You can now scroll through and select the ones you want to show on this particular feed. You can create as many feeds as you want, so if you want it to stay specialized by interest, for example, art related or music related, or blog related, you can, but it doesn't have to be. Select all the pages and people you want on this feed and then click next.
4. In the next screen you name your feed and decide on who can see your list. If you want it to be completely private, make sure to choose Only Me. Then click Done.
5. That's It! Now when you want to make sure you are seeing your favorite pages and people's feeds,
click Home on your Facebook page and then in the left hand column click the name of your feed.
I know, I know...
Facebook likes to try and make us work to stay on top of things,
but at least now you know how to make sure not to miss anything.
I hope all of my subscribers take a few minutes to do this and add
Nine Acres Designs Facebook feed to an Interest List so more than 10 people see our posts!
Hope this was useful.
Have a great day!